Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Eargasm: As Tall As Lions - You Can't Take It With You

who: As Tall As Lions
when: released 'You Can't Take It With You' on August 18th of this year.
why: On my way back to school this weekend, I was feeling pretty relaxed and really wanted the bus ride not to suck so I listened to a variety of softer, ambient music. I started it off with dredg's 'El Cielo' (my favorite prog rock album) then moved to Explosions In the Sky's 'All of a Sudden I Miss Everyone' (my favorite instumental album) and finally arrived at As Tall As Lions' 2006 self-titled release... and I realized I loved this album, and have been neglecting it for far too long. I listened to it twice before I got back to my apartment, and on the walk to class this morning I felt I needed to give their newest release 'You Can't Take It With You' a full listen. And people, it's good. You definitely need to check it out. They have a way of balacing their albums with some extremely clear, delicate tracks as well as buzzy, chaotic songs that makes it extremely difficult to lose interest. I have it listed at #5 on the year for now, and if you're a fan of their sound, I'd be ridiculously surprised if you're disappointed.

Rating: Yaysh.


No comments:

Post a Comment