Tuesday, March 16, 2010

New Release Tuesday - March 16, 2010

This week's unrated notables:
[03.]
The Audition - 'Great Danger'
tf: ehhh.

It's all been downhill for me since 'Controversy Loves Company'... It seems like they've been focusing harder on making records than music, and it's honestly getting pretty old.

[02.]
Streetlight Manifesto - '99 Songs of a Revolution Vol. I'
tf: ehhh.

A good attempt at a cover album... but it's still a cover album. They're fun and I might listen to a track here and there, but the album as a whole doesn't really do it for me... and I don't see how anyone would be super excited to listen to a double-digit amount of covers at once. They're an awesome band - they just need to write some new stuff.

[01.]
From First to Last - 'Throne to the Wolves'
tf: aight.

Besides the fact that the quality of the recordings that I listened to were a little lacking, this is a pretty decent album. People used to love to hate Sonny, and will probably continue to hate this band - but I'm not into politicizing... I like how it sounds.

Next Week:

No comments:

Post a Comment